Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Penultimate Perspective


I had lots of strange dreams last night. I was constantly shifting perspectives. I was watching myself in the 3rd-person, then I was the person then I was a 2nd-person talking to my 1st-person while watching it all simultaneously. I laid awake recalling my dreams for about half an hour. Then suddenly I jumped to the computer to look at some of Ken Wilber's new writings. I had read this article in 2002. This was prior to my first Zen seshin & my whole dive into Integral Practice. I was stunned, shocked & engrosed. I never understood this stuff before but it suddenly became luminous in my awareness & I began to see things in a way I never have before. Here is that article.
Thoughout today I suddenly began to feel into the interiors of beings (at least that's how it felt from my 1st person perspective). I, We, & Its were colliding & cascading throughout the day.

I've been listening to Namkai Norbu's Dzogchen teachings live on webcast for two hours a day for the last 6 days. I've had many Dzogchen teachings, empowerment's, & read countless books on the subject. I had this revelation today that the Waking Down work is like a super secret Dzogchen teaching. Pure Presence came alive & I intuited Indra's Net, this sparkling jewel of perspectives of perspectives of perspectives & then STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! The World comes alive!

FAR AWAY IN THE HEAVENLY ABODE OF THE GREAT GOD INDRA, THERE IS A WONDERFUL NET WHICH HAS BEEN HUNG BY SOME CUNNING ARTIFICER IN SUCH A MANNER THAT IT STRETCHES OUT INDEFINITELY IN ALL DIRECTIONS. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE EXTRAVAGANT TASTES OF DEITIES, THE ARTIFICER HAS HUNG A SINGLE GLITTERING JEWEL AT THE NET'S EVERY NODE, AND SINCE THE NET ITSELF IS INFINITE IN DIMENSION, THE JEWELS ARE INFINITE IN NUMBER. THERE HANG THE JEWELS, GLITTERING LIKE STARS OF THE FIRST MAGNITUDE, A WONDERFUL SIGHT TO BEHOLD. IF WE NOW ARBITRARILY SELECT ONE OF THESE JEWELS FOR INSPECTION AND LOOK CLOSELY AT IT, WE WILL DISCOVER THAT IN ITS POLISHED SURFACE THERE ARE REFLECTED ALL THE OTHER JEWELS IN THE NET, INFINITE IN NUMBER. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT EACH OF THE JEWELS REFLECTED IN THIS ONE JEWEL IS ALSO REFLECTING ALL THE OTHER JEWELS, SO THAT THE PROCESS OF REFLECTION IS INFINITE


THE AVATAMSAKA SUTRA
FRANCIS H. COOK: HUA-YEN BUDDHISM : THE JEWEL NET OF INDRA 1977