Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Character, The Over-Soul & Traceless Enlightenment



Artwork by Alex Grey

"Character development is self-realization in the true sense of the word, which includes spiritual, intellectual, and emotional growth. Your soul longs to evolve, while the Over-Soul longs to unfold. In the harmonic longings of your soul and the Over-Soul, your character develops to eflorescence, sharing the fragrance of Heaven and Earth."

Yasuhiko Kimura

I had the opportunity to listen & be in the presence of Ken Wilber & Traleg Kyabgyon Rinpoche over the weekend. The Transmission was astounding & as Ken spoke you could truly Taste it. Of late I have begun to occasionally notice auras when in meditative states & there was a dark indigo around Ken. When I got up close to Rinpoche to have him sign Mind at Ease : Self-Liberation through Mahamudra Meditation I noticed he had the most intense, amazing, colored eyes. They were bright blue with fiery orange yellow around the outer iris. Very kewl.

My Father was in the hospital yesterday due to a drug overdose that may have been an attempted suicide. The intensity & juxtapositions of utter peace & deep tragedies continue to permeate my existance. I felt such intense Aloneness & Weakness over this past weekend, along with a Raging Anger. I am grateful for the Waking Down in Mutuality work. When these emotions arise in Emptiness I can truly embrace them without fear of losing my Self. This is how I hold You & Us.

Both of these events over the last few days have fueled a deep commitment to Practice & a deep fall into the Heart. Thus my character is forged.

"This is the ultimate purpose of spiritual discipline: that there be no self that is enlightened and no event that is enlightenment; or that there be no trace of a self that is enlightened, and no trace of an event that is enlightenment, but only the Kosmos self-illuminating with the Kosmic Light."

Yasuhiko Kimura