Saturday, July 22, 2006

Integrity, Financial Power, & Becoming Grounded



"To increase our financial power means to increase our capacity to create conditions of satisfaction for others and to elicit promises from others to provide us with our conditions of satisfaction in calculable social exchange. To increase our capacity to create conditions of satisfaction for others means to increasingly tune-in to the creative thrust for evolutionary optimization within and without . To increase our capacity to elicit promises from others means to increase our capacity to make requests of others, which means to increase our capacity to fulfill our own promises, therefore to increase the degree of our integrity in calculable social exchange. When we can collectively attain a high degree of finnacial power through the practice of integrity in economic production and social exchange, we will be able to create a world of abundance in the universe of plenitude. In such a world, there will no longer be such an oxymoron as unearned wealth, which is in actual fact 'wealth drainage' that has plagued and subverted the world throughout history."
Yasuhiko Genku Kimura

Lately I've become very interested in facing my edge as a man, and deeply committed and interested in changing and evolving. That's easy to say and another thing to really do. I just finished up a Evolutionary Enlightenment class with Andrew Cohen's senior students and have been to a retreat with Andrew. I appreciate where he is coming from. I also understand the controversy surrounding him and have friends that don't like him. Oh well, I don't agree with everything he's saying either, but I do think there is some deep value in his transmission (sometimes it fries my circuits with some serious intensity).

I am also quite attracted to the idea of "being moved." What I mean is, I like the idea of Spirit moving me & trusting that direction. The Freedom that has graced me came about through a combination of energy and effort expended and then a complete relinquishment of all endeavor and a "fall" into Self. I have a deep trust in this process. I trust so much that I can freely doubt. Fucking Paradox! All that has occurred was completely necessary and beautiful. Here though, at the edge, I have to be willing to release all ideas and fall/move into the next moment with the utter creativity of God. She needs Us.

From a surface perspective, I have a lot of faults. I have tended to vacillate between periods of high productivity and intensity to utter laziness and self-indulgence. I can be impulsive, intense, and lack discipline when it comes to money. I can also be very structured, disciplined, and stable.

At this stage I can feel my discomfort and unknowing about what is to come next. I don't choose to believe in a final resting place ( at least not in the world of form), and yet simultaneously I am the Great Immovable. Which do I choose to emphasize? Neither. Until maybe I do. All possibility is possible. And even this understanding I can not ultimately take a stand in. And yet I do.

The Great Wide Open. I welcome the Next Whatever. May She move US. Amen.